Subject: [Leica] Kilfit 300mm lens for Visoflex
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:40:10 -0600

There is a Tele-Kilar 300mm/5.6 lens for a Visoflex offered on Ebay at
the moment.  I can imagine this length would be useful for some of the
outdoor daylight activities I photograph in the summer, where the 5.6
aperture would not be too big a disadvantage (except for viewing
brightness, of course.)  Does anyone have any experience with this
lens?  I assume, of course, that it's not up to current Telyt standards
for resolution or contrast, but it won't cost like one either, and I
have the impression that the Killfit lenses generally were pretty good
for their day.  OTOH, if this one is known to be a coke bottle lens, I'd
appreciate knowing about that.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers,
Kip