Subject: [Leica] Novoflex adapter/60s R lenses
From: "Michael Escobar" <bigmic18@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:53:35 CST

   I read in the Hans Phalen's page that those who want to start
in the Leica M sytem with little money, should start with lenses
from the 60s. Because the new lenses sure are better in the lar-
ger openings; but by f/4 and smaller, it is really taugh to tell
the difference.
   Should this apply to the R system also?  I ask because I'm in
love with Leica lenses, but I can't affordd to buy a Lens every
six months. But I found out that by using a Novoflex adapter to
mount R lenses on an Eos camera, I don't have to worry about the
one or two cam lenses; since they don't interfere with the body to couple
with the aperture mechanism.  So... in other words, my
question is: Are 60s and 70s one and two cam lenses worth getting
into?  I already bought the adapter, but at the moment my Eos got
stolen so I have to wait 'til I get another one.
I know that a lot of you would oppose mounting an R lens on any-
thing but a Leica. But my R-E got stolen also, and I wasn't alto-
gether in love with the weight of my Leica camera (and that's
without the motor winder), while if I use a Rebel 2000; sure I
have to use a separate meter, but I get the benefit of auto advan-
ce in the film, and auto rewind, plus the built in flash which
does not loose its ttl ability, even thoug the lens would be ma-
nual.
     Thank you for all your input; pro or con.

Manuel Escobar
Mecamera@aol.com