Subject: [Leica] 50/2 DR still a gem!
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:32:01 -0800

Over the weekend I used my old 50/2 DR Summicron to take some photographs
of some Leica M items I plan to sell. The 50/2 DR is the last "vintage"
lens I own (and it's one I'll probably keep for as long as I live).  It
impressed the heck out of me.

I had the slides (E100S) developed today  and I was totally blown away by
the results. First of all, it was quite noticable that one body and one
lens were  dust covered. I didn't notice any dust with my naked eye.
(Further, they aren't supposed to gather dust. I use both items regularly).
I just shook my head.  I'm going to have to reshoot.

The 30-year-old 50/2 DR Summicron still delivers, even at minimum focusing
distance. The framing was right on the money. I thought about getting a
Macro R lens. Now I'm not so certain that I need one.

David