Subject: [Leica] 1rst Fashion Shoot...Which Lab?
From: "Paul Klingaman" <pklingaman@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:08:07 GMT

Hello LUG,

Had my first go at fashion photography over the weekend!  Nothing close to
done as it *should* be, I'm sure...but I think we did ok with the few
hotlights that we had and some available light from a nearby window.
Cameras used were M6 and Nikon SLR.  I would've loved to use MF, however
this was a spur of the moment type of shoot, and I couldn't get 120 film
anywhere(close by) on a Sunday.  So, now I've got a few questions...

1.  What type(s) of film would've been ideal for this shoot?  I used a
variety: 2 rolls Kodak Tungsten Elite Chrome 160T, 1 roll Fujichrome Astia
100, 1 roll Superia 200, and [gulp] 2 rolls Kodak Royal Gold 100.  With some
natural and mostly 100w w/reflector lighting, how will these films fare?

2.  Where and how do I get these processed?  Anyone happen to know a *good*
lab in the Boston area?  The chromes are a no brainer...but I'd really like
some nice quality prints too.  After we edit and select, we'll be sending
prints to a local scene/fashion magazine...What size prints are appropriate?

3.  I didn't think I would like this type of work, but I *did*!  Can anyone
suggest some equipment for this kind of thing (psuedo-studio, on location,
fashion photography).  I'd assume that a few soft boxes and a nice MF SLR w/
a poloroid back would be standard necessities?

Thanks so much to anyone who can enlighten this stressed out newbie.
Everyone involved worked so hard at this shoot, and it all comes down to the
slides/prints.  This kind of work was not at all what I'd envisioned.  In
every shot I was completely comsumed in the lighting, composition, etc.
Things did not just flow, like they do in my personal work...it was tedious!
  The work I was doing was not only for myself, but also for everyone
involved.  What a responsibility, and what a rush!

Thanks,
Paul Klingaman