Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Konica Hexar RF vs. Leica M6
From: DFStein@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:21:53 EST

I think people are missing the point.  The Konica RF is an interpretation of
the Leica M tradition (and represents considerable respect for and outright
love for this tradition) in a contemporary medium-today's cameras with more
plastic, more electronics and, yes, that often obnoxious motor wind.
Remember, when motor wind first came out.  We were told that this system of
film advance actually is less stressful to the shutter.  I don't like the
noise, either, but camera after camera, the lever advance seems to be a weak
link.  If I use a classic camera, I prefer knob wind.  Could the Konica be
more like the Leica.  I have no doubt it could.  Look at the Konica IIIA-as
well crafted a classic metal camera as any.  Encourage Konica, they are
trying to preserve and interpret in their own way the "Leica Revolution."  If
there is no Newsweek, Time loses its relevance, and so on.  Konica can likely
make more revenue in 15 minutes globally on inkjet paper than the Konica RF
would ever return.  Give the guys and gals who had the guts to force this
through some respect and encouragement.