Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak T400CN
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:24:53 -0000

I have used a fair bit of TX400CN whilst travelling in the US (I am in the
UK) in order to prevent the film going through two or more sets of x-ray
equipment.   I know that I can shoot and then get the film processed in C41
with no problem.   I never have the film printed onto C41 paper as this
gives sepia prints and I have no use for them in any case.   These days I
always scan my negs and store them digitally for 'contact' purposes.

I have exhibited prints from the resultant negatives at a number of venues
including the Royal photographic Society, and I have always found them easy
to print on conventional b&w paper.   They yield a very fine grained image
with a good tonal range, and are easy to print.   There has been some doubt
expressed on this board as to the longevity of the negatives but I have
noticed no problems (although I appreciate it is early yet!)

In general I would recommend this film, although for general shooting I
stick to conventional b&w emulsions.

Gerry (UK)