Subject: Re: [Leica] Wildlife and Guns
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:19:08 -0500

At 10:04 AM 2/21/2000 -0800, Bill wrote:

>And I thought that we(photographers) only take pictures not lives.
>
>I don't know about anybody else but if I have to carry a gun with me
>to go taking pictures I would not consider that as a fun project.
>In case something bad happens(heaven forbid), it could either be
>you or the snake that has to lose the live.
>
>What is the fun in that?

Well, I am a strong snake preservationist and dislike the American lust to
kill all serpentine creatures.  But I have cheerfully done in an overly
persistent rattler on more than one occasion, though never with a firearm.
I've just killed them with tools at hand, such as a rock or stick.

I have never camped with a firearm, though I do own a rifle.  But I see
nothing wrong with reducing the population of dangerous snakes.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!