Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M5-battery solution
From: MicroGrid@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:32:32 EST

jcberger@jcberger.com writes:

<<
 Buy some in Paris! (where selling mercury thermometers is forbiden now but no
 batteries).

I was in Varta's Mercury battery plant in December, and I learned that they
will stop producing Mercury cells. The manager told me that the EEC has
banned them as well. Get them while you can in Europe
This will probably leave China as the last hope. Ed Buzniak(sp?) sent me a
couple of packages of some he had acquired, but I could not find out who made
the cells. I asked my Asian sales guy to see what the situation is there. We
don;t sell a lot to the button cell manufacturers, but he talks to most of
the battery companies there. I'll let you know.

Otherwise, .... ADAPT!

Bruce Bowman
Killingworth Ct