Subject: Re: [Leica] Colour photography (was Eggleston)
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:38:48 -0500

Mark: Fade test show that the Fuji "C" prints out last the kodak 10 to 1 + or longer. In
the studio portrait market the "C" print reigns supreme...... In the art market at the
moment I hear a lot of folks doing the iris prints and some are getting like 20 grand +
for some of the images in some of the better galleries. From what I've heard they don't
last that long either.
Cheers Wilber GFE
tel. 803-469-2440

http://www.jeffcoatphotography.com

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I think the value of a C print is still limited on the serious market because of
> fading. No one beleives they are going to last despite what Kodak might say.
> A Dye transfer would have the same value as a black and white because it is archival.
> Same as a Ciba. I don't know if the Fuji direct positive color processes goes
> for high sums in galleries I would think they would be valued the same as Ciba's
> the archival properties are the same if not better. The issue may be Ciba (or
> whatever they call it now) is still perceived as being at least as archival as
> black and white and so can go for thousands.
> These would be the issues serious color art photographers would be facing.
> Mark Rabiner

- --