Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica Users digest V15 #71
From: bkmercer <bkmercer@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 00:41:11 +1300

Hello all

I was wondering if any of you in Lugland could advise me.
Last week I purchased a new M6TTL(0.85) - (upgrading my M4P which I still
have.) and have immediately noticed that the rangefinder patch is
distinctly dimmer and with less contrast than my M4P. - Particularly
noticeable in low light where at times I just cannot discern any detail to
focus, hence resort to using my M4P.

This weekend I had the opportunity to view a standard M6TTL (0.72) and
noticed it to be better and more in line with my M4P.

Question: Have any of you out there who own the 0.85 version notice the
same problem and if so is this a trait of the 0.85 models only or do I have
a defective "one-of"?.
I would like to stick with the 0.85 version preferably.

Looking forward to your replies, many thanks.

Bruce Mercer.