Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: 35 1.4 aspherical (1st ver)
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:33:27 -0500

Show me the beef!

I own the first version aspherical.  If someone would be so kind as to lend
me the 2nd version ASPH lens, I will gladly make a comparison between them.
 Otherwise, I have seen no scientific test results (nor field studies) made
of the first version aspherical, from Erwin or anyone else.  So it is
pretty tough to claim that one is better than the other.  Theoretical
coniderations about one versus two aspherical surfaces mean nothing.  Show
me the photographs (or MTF charts).

Dan C.