Subject: RE: [Leica] Color
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:25:21 -0000

Mike,
Picking up on the phrase "some version of the colour that's there", I found
a delightful little book today on the fleeting color process, Dufaycolor.
At home I have a few exposed rolls of 35mm transparencies from someone who
shot them in his Leica (on topic) pre-war. I can't recall whether this was
the colour process whereby he remarked that it was quite easy to watch the
emulsion disappear down the plughole, but it was certainly a relatively
obscure film which gave way to Agfa and Kodak's more rugged systems.
Dufaycolor relied on an extremely fine (5-600 per inch) grid of lines and
colours (red, green and blue) seen through a 'reseau', a grid. I think the
1970's Polacolor cine system was something similar.

Jem