Subject: Re: [Leica]Konica Hexar...It ain't no Leica..
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:34:23 EST

In a message dated 2/16/00 9:47:30 PM, tom@kachadurian.com writes:

<< But over time the camera will speak for itself. It won't be long
before 1/3 of the people on this list have Hexar RFs in their bags. >>

I might buy one if it weren't for one thing: It's too damn expensive. Call me
cheap or poor or whatever (I call myself a bottom feeder) but I'm in the
market for a $600-$800 Leica body -- another M4-P or an M4-2 most likely. I'm
simply can't imagine coughing up $1,600 for a new Konica. Maybe if they start
selling it without the lens or if the price drops after a while -- or better
yet, there are some USED specimens on the market  . . . Until then the Leica
is the camera for the budget minded (pretty ironic, isn't it?) . . .
Besides, I'm waiting to see what the other guys bring out.

Bob (squeaks when he walks) McEowen