Subject: [Leica] Quintessential Leica photographer
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:37:14 +0000

>>>Bringing this back on topic, on the hasselblad site there's a picture
of
Eggleston using a leica. How about that??<<<

John,
It's really ironic that Eggleston should be singled out for criticism on
the LUG. I think of him as a quintessential Leica photographer. He has a
collection of beautiful antique Leicas and I don't think he's ever used
any other kind of camera.

I liked your distinction between message and meaning. If every
photograph had to have a message, I'd think we could get by with Morse
code.

- --Mike