Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M5
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:52:50 -0700

Some people just did not like the larger body. This, however, did not kill
the M5. Most of the credit goes to the CL for that. Almost all the same
features at a cheaper price. I think Leica was hoping to find new customers
with the CL not take customers away from its premium (read money making) M
line. The only people who made money from the CL were Minolta who made it
for Leica.

John Collier