Subject: RE: [Leica] eggleston, art, etc
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:30:58 -0700

> The most enduring images of any kind don't need a degree, an art
> historian,
> or a gallery owner to explain them.
>                                            Ron Kutak

Probably why  those dogs playing poker or velvet Elvis' probably outsell all
art photography (and I wouldn't be surprised if they outsold modern gallery
art as well).

And they are probably on more walls than all the work (even as posters) of
AA, Eggleston, HCB, Picasso and Mattise.

Tim A  ;-)

PS, on a slightly different tack, how often do we flick through magazines or
photo books and actually come across an image that we can't forget? For me,
not often. There is a huge mountain of junk photography out there...