Subject: Re: [Leica] Eggleston
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:12:56 EST

Tina writes:

<< But since you mention Eggleston, go to this site:
 http://www.masters-of-photography.com/E/eggleston/eggleston_greenville.html
 And explain to me why he even bothered to print this. >>

Tina,

I have no knowledge of Eggleston's work other than this photograph you
directed us to. That photo is titled "Main Road to Greenville, Tennessee
1980s", but it takes me back 55 years to my home in California during the
mid-to-late forties, and the country road from Coalinga to San Jose through
the Holister cutoff. Tina, that is a picture of my home, at a time and place
when I was young and life was good. The war was over and school out for the
summer - what could be better?

Regards, Paul (I like that photograph) Connet