Subject: Re: [Leica] advice on India
From: Jay Kumarasamy <jayk@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:27:18 -0800 (PST)

Andre,

Sounds like you are going to do some heavy duty photography !.

How long are you planning to  stay ?.

Are you planning to rent a car. ?
Car cigarette lighters may not be the same/size type as here. Check that out.

This time of the year, the weather is quite nice, except in the south, where
it may have started to get hotter.

Films are available in plenty, unless you are particular for a certain brand.
The biggest market share is held by Konica, followed by Kodak and Fuji.

120 Films are slightly hard to find.  They are available only in photography
stores. 120 Films are mainly Kodak.  A high grade 120 slide film will cost
about Rupees 170.00 (about $4). Compared to here, film is cheaper in India,
but expensive for Indian Standard of living.

Processing is also cheaper than here.

By large, India is a country of very hospitable people.  However, you must
watch out for you belongings !.  Petty thefts are all over the place,
especially in public places - train stations, bus stands, etc.  This is
not particularly targeted toward foreigners,  but happens to locals also.
But being conspicuous, does not help the situation.

Hope this helps.

- - Jay