Subject: [Leica] Eggleston
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:41:52 -0500

While I'm not thrilled with all of the images Eggleston has on display at
the site besides the one Tina mentioned.....  At least these are straight
shots and not in your face sensationalism containing offensive and downright
objectionable material that many in the art community seem to be producing
these days...

I do see some consistency in composition and urban themes so.... it is at
least some reflection of his vision whether we like it or not...

On the other hand... if my work ever looks like that... I hope someone will
gently me tell to take them off of my site....

BTW I'm drinking Diet Coke out of a Leica Mug.... A really lame attempt to
get this somewhat back on topic

Actually I'm headed back into the darkroom to develop some film I shot with
my Leicas..... a slightly less lame attempt....

Duane Birkey

http://duane_birkey.tripod.com