Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Emperor's new clothes...
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:01:16 +0000

on 15/2/00 7:04 am, Mark Rabiner at mrabiner@concentric.net wrote:

> I agree there is nothing more tasteless then that book. A new low for our
> civilization. Puke is the key word here. Anne Geddes, My new favorite
> photographer to hate. I forgot who the last one was maybe there wasn't one,
> I'm
> basically a real loving guy.

Okay, now we're on hate lists, I can't keep quiet. And you know I'm not a
stick-in-the-mud kind of guy, right. But...

Cindy Sherman.

Oh God, I hate her stuff so bad.

And, hate is too strong a word, but while I enjoyed THE BALLAD OF SEXUAL
DEPENDENCY, Nan Goldin's work appears to have degenerated into a bunch of
self-generating cliches from the hinterlands of various tedious subcultures
that we're meant to find 'interesting' per se. Not me.

And let's not get me started on Helmut Newton, per-lease.

But, just to cleanse my mind, let me say one name I love.

Robert Adams!

- --
John Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com