Subject: Re: [Leica] Riboud's N. Vietnam
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:38:39 EST

In a message dated 15-02-00 03:54:25 GMT Standard Time,
donalphilby@earthlink.net writes:

<< And yes, I am sure it was all done with Leicas.

I met Marc Riboud in London last year (?) and I am pleased to confirm that he
is very firmly a Leica user, with just one lens. When asked what his
favourite piece of camera equipment was he replied "My sneakers - with them I
can walk closer or further away" - a true Leica statement! On the subject of
his motivation behind his images he said "I like them".

A man I felt proud too spend too short a time with, and one of the great in
my opinion. If more were as down to earth as him, we would all benefit.

Gerry
Gerry Walden (UK)