Subject: [Leica] nikon S5 announced
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:32:34 EST

I've been told by a very reliable source that Nikon just announced the S5
rangefinder camera.

Three lenses: 35, 50, 85. Only 500 pieces made...

Price: $4000. I'm not sure with or without the lenses, but I think with.

Available: this Spring.

My source is in Japan and he says this is not a rumor, but FACT, and he
hasn't lead me wrong in the past.

I'm trying to confirm this, but none of the other usual suspects can tell me
for sure.

Is there anyone here (Tom maybe?) who has heard this for sure.

Who frequents Japan? Common camera buffs, I gots-ta-know!

It would be interesting after the rumors so many times...maybe one will land
in my collection as well. ;-)

later,
Rich