Subject: Re: [Leica] Emperor's new clothes.../Eggleston
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:56:10 -0800

Mark Rutledge wrote:

> Nathan,
> I don't find his work too thrilling either. But remembering art school, I
> think he was credited w/
> moving "serious" fine art photography from exclusively b/w to include color.
> He is often grouped w/ Meyerowitz for style and subject matter. At the time
> I think his work was considered groundbreaking, but now perhaps it's
> difficult to see that.
> Anyway, just thought I'd chime in(got to put that art stuff to some use!)
> Mark Rutledge
> markrut@ticnet.com

Oh you mean the guy who did that shot of the trike in the driveway?
I saw a show of his dye transfers and I was never the same since.
Effected my photographer friend the same way.
Whose turn is it now to get discovered by the Czar? John Szarkowski
	Or is he pushing up daisies? I know he's retired.
He can be long dead for all I know I still won't be happy till I get a pat on
the shoulder from JS.
An Aperture monograph would have to do but those are probably dead too!

Mark Rabiner
Influence of no influence I like the way he writes about photography: Looking at Photographs.