Subject: Re: [Leica] Cars large and small
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:58:31 -0800

And talk to your insurance broker before switching to a tank. The liability
coverage premiums for those things have been going way up, precisely because
they win all the arguments with smaller vehicles. The top-heavy nature of
those beasts is nothing to be sniffed at, either. I live next door to one of
Seattle's drawbridges, and about once a month (like clockwork) it gets
plugged up by an SUV rollover, usually when someone decides to switch lanes
while on the metal grates---they wind up looking pathetic, like a dung
beetle flipped over on its back. The only real excitement was about six
months ago, when one nearly flipped over the railing and landed on the
houseboat below.

Buy another Volvo---the only car built like a Leica.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.
(desperately trying to stay on topic)