Subject: Re: [Leica] good very good v. good good WOOF!
From: "dominique pellissier" <noct@club-internet.fr>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:28:14 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2000 11:32 PM
Subject: [Leica] good very good v. good good WOOF!

> At 2.8 , the apo gives : very good, good and my elmarit : good, good.The
>
> old summicron : very good, good. So the apo is one more time only equal
> the old summicron and both the summicrons are (slightly) superior to the
>
> elmarit.
>
> I expected something better with the Apo<<<
>

> USE the lens yourself, THEN decide.
>
> --Mike

########
OK Mike.
But i live in an uncivilized country, France, where there is no Apo90 in
the shops, except in Paris (and i live far from Paris).
If I want to have a try, I have to order the lens...
And it is impossible to return an item if you are not satisfied.
Only if you buy it by mail-order : you have 8 working days to return the
goods.
And shop-keepers are very reluctant to refund. Let me tell you a story : I
bought by mail-order a used Nikkor 80-200. The shop-keeper in Nice,
Arta-Photo, said : "the lens is MINT". When I received the lens, horror!,
the
front lens was entirely scratched. I phoned the guy who insulted me in
italian (!) because I wanted to send back the lens. Happily I faxed the
french review Chasseur d'images and Nikon-France. In a few hours my problem
was solved. I  received a letter from Nikon with apologies.

Dominique Pellissier