Subject: [Leica] Wedding stories--Thank You!
From: LawsonCL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 13:43:08 EST

It is to take place in less than 24 hours. A Valentine's Day wedding. Talk
about your icky-gooey expectations.

The bride asked me to photograph the event. The instant she popped the
question, I stiffened with anxiety. Quickly, out of fear, I did the right
thing. I bang-shifted my mental gearbox into self-deprecating, obsequious
suck-up mode and said: "I am very flattered you would ask to photograph your
wedding, but there is no way I am experienced or competent enough to be
entrusted to on such an important event."

She bought it.

This morning, as I read wedding photographers' horror stories, I am comforted
by my cowardice. I sit content, belly full of breakfast, knowing the
gut-churning anticipation of busting a shoot for which there can be no
re-shoot event will not be visited upon me today. My breakfast is safe.

Chris (Make fear your ally) Lawson