Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 90 old vs APO for portraits
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 22:19:02 -0500

If you are looking for a lens that is a bit soft wide open, stay away from
the APO 90.  It is as sharp as a tack, about as sharp wide open as it
appears stopped down to f8 (which is, as we all know, where the lens is
excellent!).  There's no way I would willingly pay that kind of money for a
lens which is softer than it should be.   But that's just me.

Dan C.