Subject: Re: [Leica] Kindermann to lose Leica
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:29:30 -0800

At 4:33 PM -0500 2/11/00, Robert Bedwell wrote:
>John:
>
>Would you kindly explain what affect this will have on Leica users in Canada
>and the U.S.?
>
>Thanks,
>Bob

Kindermann is a decent, fairly responsive distributor who also happens to
be able to repair any Leica at reasonable cost (if not always quickly).
They are knowledgeable and competent. None of the above applies to
Lisle-Kelco to any degree. Lisle-Kelco are the Hasselblad distributors, and
have a track record of running other brands into the ground here in Canada.
Sinar is just one example. I'm not keen on trusting them with my Hasselblad
gear, and will not knowingly have one of my Leicas fall into their hands.

Fortunately, with the internet available, this is not quite as serious as
it used to be, as purchase and repair options are available from other
sources and countries, but it is nice to be able to go to my local store to
see an item, and maybe purchase it. I won't count on that being possible
under Lisle-Kelco.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com