Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Kindermann
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:15:21 -0800

Marthe & Rene wrote:  in part.

>Here is my question. last week I traded in my 90mm F2.8 Elmarit and ordered
>the new 90mm F2 APO-Summicron-M ASPH from Kindermann Canada. I was told that
>it would be two to three months before my lens was actually delivered.  The
>anticipation will kill me. I wonder if I go caught up in the change of
>distributor from Kindermann to Lysle-Kelco. Anybody else experiencing the
>same lengthy wait for delivery in the US, Canada, rest of the world?

Hi Rene,

Your delivery delay has nothing to do with the change over, it's just one
of those supply & demand things with Leica. They announce a new peoduct and
actually don't have any ready for volume shipment, other than a handful.
Then it becomes a "hot item" and they can't keep up with the demand.  Or
they've screwed up and don't have all the pieces ready for assembly. Don't
worry you'll get it eventually. However, please don't hold your breathe.:)

>By the way, Lysle-Kelco has been great for me.   I bought my Hasselblad
>used. It didn't come with a user's manual. I e-mailed Lisle to inquire about
>buying one. They responded by sending me a free user's manual and a one year
>free subscription to Forum, the Hasselblad magazine. I was impressed.>>>>

I've heard from Hasselblad owners that L-K have responded very well on
service and looking after customer requests as you've experienced.  I think
they'll bend over backwards to look after Leica customers simply because of
the appeared hostilities shown from Canadian Leica owners to the change
over.

Nothing would be gained by ticking off Leica buyers, be they camera owners
or customers for new lenses. So I'm sure L-K will serve us well. Lets wait
and see.

>Glad to be on-board>>>>>>

Welcome! Good to have a new member added to the gang.:).

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant