Subject: [Leica] Lieca DUMPS Kindermann
From: Bill <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 10:40:07 -0800 (PST)

Over the years I have learned that things companies (and politicians)
do are not always as they appear, and therefore I tend to look at
things  in a little more analytical way than does the average person.
I have a problem with Leica dumping Kindermann.  First of all, you
don't change distributors in a market the size of Canada for 1 year.
That time period in my opinion shows either indecision on the part of
Leica or an ulterior motive. It is going to take Leica more then a
year to recover from the Public Relations back lash.

Second, I can only see five reasons why Herr Cohn would order such a
change.  My opinions of why this change may have taken place are as
follows:

1) Kindermann was not performing as well as Leica thought they should
be performing.

2) The quality of Kindermann's service (an independent distributor)
was so far superior to the quality of service offered by Leica USA (a
Leica owned distributor) that Leica Solms thought Kindermann was
making Leica USA look bad, so Kindermann had to go.

3) This, along with a few other things, are designed to impress the
equity markets and thus pump-up the price of Leica Camera's stock.

4) This may very well be a move designed to intimidate, or should I
say put the "Fear of GOD" into, all of the other independent
distributors to try to prevent them from selling product into the
"Gray market".

5) This maybe a "smoke screen" to divert attention away from
something else more important that is happening.

Stay tuned folks.  More surprises will follow.

Regards,

Bill Erfurth
m6rf@yahoo.com