Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V15 #46
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:11:10 -0700

Doug Cooper wrote:

> I'd like a Heliar -- in fact, that would be the most useful lens for me at
> the moment -- but it seems a waste of this body to use an uncoupled
> lens.  I was thinking of perhaps finding one of the Leica III series
> bodies, and dedicating it to the 15mm.  Which makes the best user?  (I
> sense the IIIg is pretty expensive.)

Doug, my own "new" IIIf RD is still in the shop getting a really
thorough rebuild (I should be in my senior years by the time it needs
another as extensive) so I can't yet provide a user's report of it as
Heliar Camera but the combination does look magnificent! I'll bet it
looks even better with the Snapshot-Skopar in place.

I am currently using the "Heliar-M" on my M6 and like it a lot but I
don't like removing the finder when changing lenses, and if I leave it
in place, I keep looking through the wrong finder!
- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado