Subject: Re: [Leica] Kindermann to lose Leica
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:31:45 -0700

I just got this info today and am only slowly finding things out. I am going
to my dealer to pick up some odds and sods and will try to find out more. My
impression is that all the dealers are not too pleased with this and when I
talked to Kindermann, they said they would keep repairing Leicas off
warranty and so keep all their stock, tools and repairman Gerry Smith. This
Gerry is a true Leica God by the way. I once brought him a camera that he
had overhauled about two years previously but I asked him a rangefinder
question and so did not mention this. He picked it up, ran though the speeds
and said there was no need to test as everything sounded great, and then
fixed the rangefinder adjustment for free! I had dropped the camera by the
way, oops. Talk up low key and not trying to up sale. I have already
mentioned how helpful Werner is and I am late to take my beloved to a movie
so .....

Cheers

John Collier