Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "Add-a-Cam"? How much?/ and beginner 'R' body recomendation?
From: Mmermag@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:25:33 EST

In a message dated 2/11/00 7:53:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jimbrick@photoaccess.com writes:

<<  I want to see if this will
 >be feasible in the future- can buy and use a 2 cam lens now- eventually
 >convert it- or will the conversion cost be prohibitive, in which case I may
 >save my hard earned $$ for 3 cam lens.... >>

I have an R4 that I use 3 cam lenses on and a 1 cam 90mm. Since I don't use
program mode and I don't do fast snapshots... I don't mind the 1 cam lens
that I use in manual mode ( get the metering by closing the aperture). I
bought the 1 cam lens for $175 and I see the 2 and 3 cam versions going from
$300-500. In the case of the 90mm elmarit.. I believe they kept the optics
the same through the years, however, with some other lenses... they changed
the optical design between the 1 cam first version to the 3 cam version.
Something to consider.

Mike