Subject: [Leica] Re: Martin Parr
From: "Julian Thomas" <mimesis@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:52:49 -0000

> And don't you just love it! Say what you will, but I really like his
stuff.
> I also read recently that he is one of the most sought after Magnum
> photographers...
>
> Tim A

I'm a big fan of Parr's. My previous comment was brought on by seeing his
work in the context of 'traditional' photojournalists. No movement, totally
still pictures. His photography is almost working totally in the realm of
redirected semiotics. I remember watching a documentary byt he Open
University in the UK which was ostensibly about how to do a PhD and one of
the examples that was used was someone interviewing Parr for a project. He
rejected any kind of 'intent or 'reading' in his work.

Julian