Subject: FW: [Leica] rangefinder image
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:27:29 -0700

Seemed to be the most coherent of the bunch.

John Collier

- ----------
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:42:46 -0800
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: [Leica] rangefinder image

"Andrew M. Moore" wrote:

> > I use a regular small screwdriver but one with a right
> > angle bend on the end of the shaft or a 30 degree cut off
> > on the tip might be a little better if yours is always going
> > out of adjustment and you want your screw head slot to stay lookin
> > good.
>
> Looking in towards the lens mount, I see two screws behind the
> focusing cam.  I assume we're talking about the slotted one
> upon which the cam lever is resting, not the phillips one
> even slightly further behind.
>
> I'll give this a try.  Thanks Mark!  I promise that, when I
> destroy my M6, I won't come looking for you.
>
> --Andrew
Yes it's the largest one the most outside of the camera toward to lens.
Aim the camera at a far off telephone pole with a lens on the camera set at
infinity.
Take the lens off again and then adjust so when the lens is set at infinity
you've only got one telephone pole.
I believe this is in agreement with what Tom and others have better
described
here on the list.
It works for me. (with a regular screwdriver) my screw head shows some
slight
wear. Maybe some warranty flies out the window?
Probably not. Good luck, I have no idea what happens if you turn the wrong
screw.
Mark Rabiner
(and always snip the red wire!!!) joke