Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: UVa Filter unwanted effects.
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:59:21 -0500

Crappy pictures have absolutely nothing to do with the camera or lens or
whether or not there was a filter on the lens.  It has to do with the
photographer.  Over the last 35 years on repeated attempts I have not been
able to produce an example where a UV filter had any deliterious effects on
a  photograph taken in ordinary lighting conditions.  Over the years I have
taken lots of crappy pictures, and perhaps a few nice ones, all with UV
filters.  I take credit for all.  There is no way that the absence of a UV
filter would have done anything to save the crappy ones.

In all seriousness, I would love to see an example of the same scene
photographed with and without a UV filter, where there are noticeable
differences.   Perhaps they could be posted to the LUG page (I've forgotten
the URL) set up by Hans Pahlen for LUGers to post their Leica images.

Dan C.