Subject: [Leica] Re: Viewfinder rangefinder patch flare control
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:26:03 +0800

Dear Kip,
Please try this. It may help. Take a Post-It Note and peel off a single
sheet. Use a paper punch to punch a hole in the sticky end of the sheet.
Take the paper circle from the punched hole and stick it in the centre of
the frosted frame line window. If flare is reduced then you can punch a
circle out a piece of tape and stick the tape circle more permanently over
the frosted window. Choose any colour your prefer! :) I am grateful to, I
seem to recall, Tom A for this suggestion and it works for me. By my own
experience flare is greater with the newer M6's I own, including an M6HM
which I sold to Alastair F. (you're welcome Alastair) and my present M6HM
TTL (on which I have had to have the rangefinder adjusted twice since
buying the camera in May 1999). My old M6 from 1988 (serial number in the
1,700,000) does not flare as much, neither does my beloved old CLE although
for me, eye ball placement is more critical on the Minolta. LUGGERS please
don't start up the old / new - which is better thread, but this is my
experience. Good luck Kip.
Howard.