Subject: LUGER'S CARS , WAS [Leica] R8 cars ( off topic )
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:06:17 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 08/02/00 08:49:42 Paris, Madrid,
mrabiner@concentric.net a écrit :

<< dominique pellissier wrote:

 > >         "To the R8 detractors out there. Did you know the R8 has out sold
 > > every other Leica reflex camera? "
 >
 > comment : True. There are more R8 cars (made by the french company Renault)
 > than Leica reflex cameras. ;-)

 I drive a 1964 Renault Caravelle! It's got a hard top and a soft top. People
 always think it looks like a Sunbeam. Actually I mainly drive it in the
summers.
 Not so good uphill. Not many hills in Paris? It's got a 1100 cc aluminum
engine!
 Mark :-) Rabiner >>

Just for Lugers who , like me , also have greasy hands and are full gear
heads , I'd like to let you know about my other
favorit hobby :  DRAG RACING .
I own a very rare Opel Diplomat ( German car ! ) with a small block Chevy .
Very few were made with this motor , as many came with the slant 6 . I "
modernised " mine with a bigger strocker engine , and also lots of hand made
parts .
I've also got a 66 Chevy II . I'm working on it at the moment : roll cage ,
V8 , a.s.o.
Generally in France people don't understand : Driving pre 70 cars and taking
pictures with cameras they've never seen before : M's . They think all this
stuff is old and lazy , but nothing speaks more then well cut " green light "
, leaving them 100 yards behind , and the quality of my photos : so much fun
!!
Regards .
Jo GOODTIMES