Subject: Re: [Leica] Exhibit on line + Expensive Leicas
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 02:16:04 -0500

Tina Manley wrote, in part:

> ...comments along the lines of "oh, how ironic, there she is with photo
> equipment that's worth more than what her subjects will make in a
> lifetime."

Just goes to show how little some people think.  If you were not there
taking pictures (regardless of which equipment you use), the world would not
know about it.  There would be no effort to improve the lives of these
people.

No, TV doesn't cut it.  A 30 second sound bite on the evening news, and then
the latest commercials for fast food or oversized SUVs, is just enough so
that people can feel comfortable about "keeping in touch with world events",
but not actually have to do anything.

Your pictures stir emotion and make these people real.  Your photography and
comments give them a voice.  There is nothing ironic about that, and
certainly nothing to be worried about.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "Very funny Scotty.  Now beam down
Interactive Systems Designer      | my clothes."
email: mvhoward@mac.com           |