Subject: [Leica] Re: Verticle Rangefinder Adustment
From: Javier Perez <japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 00:26:51 -0500

Hi
Actually I think it will make a difference.
Firstly superimposition focusing on textured surfaces is impossible. Also,
if the image being focused on more than a few degrees off vertical
both images wil coincide at a different point depending on the angle.
This may not be a problem at F5.6 or higher but at 1.4 or 1 it could
pose problems. Finally, there is no reason why images should be disernably
misaligned vertically unless the camera has been knocked or tampered
with. The rangefinder cantilever is designed to wear evenly at both ends
and it will take a few centuries of constant NORMAL use  before
wearing out! It might be a good idea to send it to Rockleigh for shots.
You'll be doing your part to help keep them in business!
Javier