Subject: [Leica] RE: Kodachrome blues
From: "Les Bonser" <lbonser@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 19:45:34 -0000

I've been following the Kodachrome thread that's been running for the last
couple days.

I have only just tried Kodachrome recently; but found it very interesting. I
really liked the three-dimensionality of the slides. A friend of mine, a guy
who thinks his $400 Olympus digital is the tops in photographic excellence,
even commented on the quality.

My question to the older crowd is this: When you were shooting Kodachrome
30-40-50 years ago, did you know it was going to last as it has, or has its
permanence been a welcome surprise.

On a side note, I know B&W prints, properly processed, will last a long
time. What about B&W negatives?

Thanks!

Les
lbonser@worldnet.att.net