Subject: Re: [Leica] F3 and 105 mm F2.5
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 22:34:12 -0800

Ken Iisaka wrote:
><Snip> I do not miss it but it was a great camera and I loved that 105mm
f2.5.><Snip>

My mid 70's vintage 105 mm F2.5 was my favorite lens for most of my career which
started then.
I think it was most peoples favorite lens then who shot people, portraits,
fashion in 35mm. Nikon owned the field then it seemed to me.
I did the vast majority of my work with it, it was banged up and I bought it
that way.
The 105 mm f2.8 macro does not replace it it is too heavy to use as much. How
many dandelions can you shoot!
The 85 F2 would squash people on full length shots, I had to use the 105.
But now I use the 90 Elmarit on my Leica M with the Leica Winder and it's a
whole new ballgame.
Mark Rabiner