Subject: [Leica] Johnny's 28
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 21:07:45 -0800

> Johnny, have you looked at the Ricoh 28mm? I need a 28mm and am considering
> it. I used to do street stuff with a couple of LSRs using  35mm and 85mm
> lenses. Now I'm using Leicas I need 28mm and 50mm.
>
> Someone asked about good peopel places in London. Try Leicester Square. I
> was there on Saturday and it was teeming.
>
> Julian

Johnny, the Canon 28/2.8 is the worst Canon lens I ever used. Last month
I traded my Canon A1 for a beautiful Voighlander Vitessa and I threw in
the 28/2.8 lens just to get it out of the house.

I have a Ricoh GR1 which has the 28mm Julian mentioned as available in M
mount. That's a great lens!

BTW, I am now getting the streetphoto mails, thanks for the help.
Bill Lawlor