Subject: Re: [Leica] Arrrrrrghhhhhhhh........loading M6en
From: Nathan Wajsman <nwajsman@swing.be>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 07:56:53 +0100

Adam,

There are no tricks. When I bought my first M6 in April 1998, I practiced a couple
of times with a discarded roll, and have not had a single misload since then with
this camera, nor with the M6HM I added in December 1998. I do exactly as shown in
the manual:

1) Put film spool in camera
2) With the back closed, pull the leader across to the take-up "tulip"
3) Open the back and nudge the film down a bit near the take-up end to make sure
that the sprockets engage
4) Close the back, replace the baseplate, and fire away.

I do not put kinks in the leader, nor do I chant magic incantations over the camera
as I load the film. I find the M6 loading system the most positive of any camera I
have ever owned. It may not be quite as easy as the "magic needles" system of my
old Pentax SLRs, but it comes close. I certainly find it easier than loading a P&S.

Nathan

Adam Bridge wrote:

> Okay......pant pant pant.......I've just blown my second roll of film because
> somehow I have NOT mastered how to really load the film in this puppy.
>
> Will SOMEONE tell me the tricks and how to be SURE that the film is loaded
> right?

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium