Subject: Re: [Leica] Summitar Filters and Cap: falls off
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 19:05:32 -0700

The later deep plastic caps grip very well. The cap was supplied with the
later lenses with 42mm outside diameter. Mine came with the latest non-asph
35mm summicron. The part number is 14268. However I do not use it as prefer
just to keep the lens hood on all the time (soon I will upgrade to the new
summicron asph shade and shade cap). On my 50mm I use the 12585 hood
reversed with the slip-on 14033 cap. Works great and never falls off.

John Collier