Subject: [Leica] R portraits
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:30:30 -0800

I'd like some help choosing a portrait lens for an R8. I don't own any
lenses above 50mm that are faster than f/4 and I'd like one. As far as I
know, my choices are 80 Summilux, 90 Summicron, 100 f/2.8 APO Macro. I've
been leaning toward the 80mm 1.4 because it seems like a very workable focal
length with ideal speed. The APO macro seems a tad long and a tweak slow in
spite of it's legendary qualities as a macro lens. What's been the
experience of this group?

- --Gib