Subject: Re: [Leica] Matte screen for R8
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:41:21 -0800

Gib wrote:

>I've got a a microprism focusing screen in my R8. I think I'd prefer a plain
>ground glass screen. That's what I use in my R4s bodies. Question is, which
>one? Has anyone got the Leica version or perhaps one from Maxwell Precision
>Optics or somewhere else?>>>

Gib,
I have plain Leica ground glass screens in both R8's and they are fine.
I've never sen the others that you mention so can't make a comparison. I'm
sure others can.

The plain "matt or ground glass" Leica screen makes a major difference for
focusing anywhere on the screen, and you don't have that wiggily centre
spot for distraction of the subject.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant