Subject: Re: [Leica] Police harassment
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 08:55:22 -03-30

At 09:12 PM 03/02/00 +0000, you wrote:

>Yet somehow, life seemed more real back then.  And they never smashed a
>Leica, only Nikons.  Must be something of wisdom in that...
>
>donal

I've only lost one camera in 20 years to this kind of thing. It was to a
Croatian paramilitary/police captain in Bosnia. He "liked" the M4 over the
Nikons, he could put it in his pocket. While I didn't care for having an
AK-47 stuck in my ribs, you can't fault him for bad taste..... c'est le
guerre, mon ami.

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart