Subject: [Leica] DOF surprises
From: "Guido Ridoli" <guirid@numerica.it>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 03:12:44 +0100

Bob:

my results http://members.home.net/gillettm/DOF.html are:

Focus a 75 Summilux at f/1.4, at 2 meters and the DOF is 1.971m to
2.029m  (.058m)
Focus a 50 Noctilux at f/1.0, at 2 meters and the DOF is 1.954m to
2.047m    (.093m)
Focus a 90 Summicron at f/2,0 at 2 meters and the DOF is 1.972m to
2.028m (.056m)
Focus a 135 Elmarit at f/2,8 at 2 meters and the DOF is 1.982m to
2.017m     (.034m)

Please be careful with the Elmarit 135/2,8 and summicron 90/2
The Nocti is the easyer lens to focus wide open :-))

        Guido Ridoli
  LEICA M SUPERFAN
      (PAT. PENDING)
     guirid@numerica.it