Subject: Re: [Leica] Minolta Himatic Batteries ( off topic )
From: MicroGrid@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:48:24 EST

The old mercury RM640's are no longer made by anyone to my knowledge. Check
Radio Shack for an alkaline equiv. in size. (PX1 may be another number, I
think they were the same size) The voltage will not be the same, nor the
discharge curve so you will get inaccurate meter readings, particularly
towards the end of it's life. I suspect this may be OK for your purpose.

There are so many selenium cell meter cameras from this vintage, I just stick
to them.

Bruce Bowman
Killingworth, CT.